Everything you need to know!
The Chameleon by Cushie Tushies
The Chameleon is what we call our Premium Cloth Nappy. The outer layer is a Premium Minky fabric that is luscious, soft and hard wearing and comes in a range of gorgeous prints. The inside layer is a soft water repelling microfleece that keeps your baby feeling soft and dry. The Chameleon also comes with two cloth absorbent boosters made from bamboo and organic cotton. The large booster snaps into the inside front of the cover and has elasticised gussets, which, when combined with the elastic leg holes of the nappy cover, provide double the protection from leaks and poosplosions! The smaller second booster fits on top of the large booster. The nappies last 3-4 hours between changes during the day, whilst the stay-dry lining helps draw the moisture away from baby’s skin.
How Do I use a Chameleon?
Newborn to toddler, all in one nappy!
Cushie Tushies Chameleon nappies are a One-Size design. This means that the nappy you purchase when your little one is born will see them right through to toilet training. There is no need to buy different sizes as your child grows. Rather, as your baby grows, you simply adjust how far around the front of your baby’s tummy you wrap the wings of the nappy and secure firmly with the snaps.
- To fit on a newborn (up to approx. 5kg): First, remove the mini booster completely (you will need this later when baby is bigger). Un-snap the large booster and fold the front half under. Fold the nappy up over baby’s tummy and then fold the top front of the nappy out and down. Fasten as normal. The more you fold the front down, the smaller the nappy will become and the tighter the fit around the legs.
- To fit on a larger baby: Snap the large booster in place, add the mini booster on top, then place baby on top, fold the nappy over baby’s tummy and fasten using snaps.
- To use at night: Once baby starts sleeping 6 hours or longer, boost the absorbency using a night booster. Lay the folded night booster underneath the snapped-in booster in the nappy.
- To use when out and about: Use one of our Waterproof nappy bags to transport your Cushie Tushies nappies when out and about.
- Mess-free flushable liners: Most people love our flushable liners as they make nappy changes really easy! They are very simple to use – lay them on top of the nappy (between the cloth nappy and baby's bottom) and then put the nappy on as usual. Basically, flushable liners catch the mess, which you then flush down the toilet leaving a relatively unsoiled nappy that is easy to wash.
The Mini by Cushie Tushies
The Mini is our teeny tiny Cloth Nappy designed for the 1-4kg Premmie/Tiny babies. The outer layer is a PUL fabric that is smooth, stretchy and hard wearing and comes in White. The inside layer is a soft water-repelling fabric designed for durability. The Mini by Cushie Tushies also comes with a mini bamboo prefold booster. The nappies last 2-3 hours between changes during the day.
How do I use a Mini?
Cushie Tushies Mini nappies are sized from 2-4kgs.
To fit on a newborn:
• Fold prefold into thirds.
• Place prefold towards the back waist of the nappy cover.
• Place baby on top of nappy, then bring nappy up between the legs and high over the tummy.
• Place a flushable liner over the top of the prefold if desired.
• Place baby on top, then fasten the nappy as normal.
See how to fit your Cushie Tushie onto a newborn and older baby by watching our demonstration video.
Click here for further details on the use and care of your Cushie Tushies products.