The Chameleon modern cloth nappy is a truly adaptable nappy – it changes and adapts to the needs of a growing baby and busy lifestyle!
The Chameleon is the latest innovation from Cushie Tushies. Our unique One-Size design can be used either with our reusable cloth absorbent boosters or our Singles eco-friendly disposable nappy inserts.
The Chameleon outer cover is made from a plush outer layer of minky, a full layer of waterproof, yet breathable polyurethane laminate (PUL), and an inner lining of low- allergenic stay-dry microfleece.
When used as a full cloth nappy, The Chameleon comes with two absorbent boosters made from a seriously thirsty bamboo/cotton blend and topped with a stay-dry microfleece. The large booster snaps into the inside front of the cover and has elasticised gussets, which, when combined with the elastic leg holes of the nappy cover, provide double the protection from leaks and poosplosions! The nappies last 3-4 hours between changes during the day, whilst the stay-dry lining helps draw the moisture away from baby’s skin.
The Chameleon's One-Size-Fits-All design has been tested on boys and girls from newborn to toddler with great success.
To fit on a newborn (up to approx. 5kg): First, remove the mini booster completely (you will need this later when baby is bigger). Un-snap the large booster and fold the front half under. Fold the nappy up over baby’s tummy and then fold the top front of the nappy out and down. Fasten as normal. The more you fold the front down, the smaller the nappy will become and the tighter the fit around the legs.
To fit on a larger baby: Snap the large booster in place, add the mini booster on top, then place baby on top, fold the nappy over baby’s tummy and fasten using snaps.
To use at night: Once baby starts sleeping 6 hours or longer, boost the absorbency using a night booster. Lay the folded night booster underneath the snapped-in booster in the nappy.
To use when out and about: Use one of our Waterproof nappy bags to transport your Cushie Tushies nappies when out and about.
Mess-free flushable liners: Most people love our flushable liners as they make nappy changes really easy! They are very simple to use – lay them on top of the nappy (between the cloth nappy and baby's bottom) and then put the nappy on as usual. Basically, flushable liners catch the mess, which you then flush down the toilet leaving a relatively unsoiled nappy that is easy to wash.
- Thank you Review by Marilena
Thank you for a wonderful product. As my son nears the end of his cloth nappy journey (he is now toilet trained and wears one at night only), I have been highly recommeding your products to everyone that I can and will continue to do so!
Thanks & best wishes,
Marilena (Posted on 10/12/12)
- Well and truly worth the money Review by Shelley Tasker
They are soooooo cute in their everyday nappies, we're so happy with them and the variety of colours means they can wear them pretty much with anything.
After lots of research and review reading I was totally won over with cushie tushies at the expo in Melbourne last October. I have now been using them on my 7 week old son for a fortnight and am completely in love with them. We had to use disposables for the first 5 weeks and he had nappy rash and sweat rashes on his legs from them. Needless to say the rashes are now gone and he actually seems to enjoy his nappy changes now too. I also love how easy they are to wash and dry, and I have been showing them off to EVERYONE. Well and truly worth the money and I will definitely be getting more. Keep up the good work! (Posted on 31/10/12)
- Great system! Review by Samantha Spano
- Love the three chameleon nappies I received, very stylish and soft. I was very impressed in how the OSFM system works without the front snaps to adjust, makes the nappy so much nicer looking without snaps all over the front. I found the nappies to be easy to work out and had no hassle fitting them to my dear daughter. I found them such a great fit on her, so snug and not too bulky either with both inserts. Found they lasted especially for a trip to the shops without leaking. Dear daughter is a very heavy wetter and after 2 and a half hours she still did not feel damp, nice and absorbent. (Posted on 31/10/12)
- Gorgeous Designs, easy to use Review by Jacqueline Bartlett-Day
- I finally got the courage to snap a Cushie Tushie on my son. It was nine in the morning and I was off out for a couple of hours. Looks good and feels great. All inserts in and we're off out the door. We arrive home later with a very wet nappy on the inside but no leakages or wet clothes, I'm amazed! I grab another nappy, only this time it gets filled with the dreaded poo! Has it exploded beyond the boundaries of the cushie tushie.....no! Protection all around, phew! A huge hallelujah!! My courage has now been built for the night shift. The quality of the material is thick and absorbent with the added comfort of being soft to touch. I did have a preference for the disposable liners as it stopped the fabric liners from becoming stained from poo. Plus, they were soft and biodegraded within 50 days. I'm very keen to do my bit for the environment and these seem a great way to reduce my contribution to landfill. If money prevents you from travelling this journey, consider buying 3 Cushie Tushies to get yourself started and use disposables as your top up. When you can, add to your Cushie Tushie collection to suit your baby and their toileting needs. It is certainly money well spent and your baby will look adorable it which ever gorgeous design you choose. Be brave, take a leap and get your Cushie Tushie on! (Posted on 31/10/12)
- Perfect fit! Review by Katie Richards
- Cushie Tushies have come out on top for me. The designs are lovely. The fit on my bub is perfect (oh and i can adjust this for the next bubby too as they are osfm) The nappies are very absorbent and have not leaked. (Posted on 31/10/12)
- Best designed nappy on the market Review by Jane Glynn
Having used MANY brands of re-usable nappies I have found that these are definitely the ones that are the best thought out:
Easy to work out for different sizes. I used the same size for both my 3yrs old for nights and my newborn. So they will be well worn when my newborn grows up. (Posted on 31/10/12)
- So soft Review by Stephanie Davey
- I love how soft the nappies are and will get a lot of use out of them for my baby. In terms of drying time a day on the line in the sun was plenty for them to dry, or on the vent overnight with the heating on 16 degrees. Being bamboo they do take some time but not as long as some nappies I have. The covers dry quickly so you could always purchase extra inserts or use the disposable inserts while waiting for the cloth to dr (Posted on 31/10/12)